I watched this video with my husband about a week or so ago and we really enjoyed it. I remember being in grade school and seeing the bullies. I always wondered why they had to treat others that way. People with that kind of personality must have some kind of problem in the home that makes them think they have to treat other kids poorly. Sometimes kids act out because their parents might set that kind of an example, others might act out because they have inner issues that they deal with by making others feel less of themselves. Whatever the case is, it is completely inappropriate and should be dealt with and fixed. No child deserves to think that they are any less than they are.
We are all taught that we are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. What does that mean to you exactly? I remember my leaders in young women's teaching me that we are Daughters of a King. That means we are born of royal birth. We have a noble birth right! WE MATTER! When I say "we" I mean EVERYONE! Everyone has a purpose to serve here on this earth. We are ALL daughters and sons of a king. We ALL have noble birth rights! Anyone that tells you otherwise is simply just wrong and you should tell them of their worth so that you can both be uplifted.
If we can instill in our children a firm foundation of knowing who they are and whose they are then I think we can better deal with the bully situation. Those who bully probably don't know or have just forgotten who they are and need some reminding.
I thought this was an excellent video and worth sharing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Ask your kids if they are being bullied at school and work with them to find a solution to their problems. Sometimes as parents we don't even know what is going on with our kids until they tell us.
Thanks for reading and watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment